No products in the cart.
Follow this guidelines if you or someone else is bitten by a snake:
- If you or someone else are bitten, try to see and remember the color and shape of the snake, which can help with treatment of the snakebite. There are different types of antivenom and knowing the snake can speed treatment.
- Keep the bitten person still and calm. This can slow down the spread of venom if the snake is poisonous. This may be a challenge, but the way you carry yourself will influence them. In short, it is best to not scream, “You gonna’ die!”
- Remove any jewelry from the area that is bitten. It will begin to swell, and rings can be dangerous.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Dial 911 or call local Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Apply first aid if you cannot get the person to the hospital right away.
- Lay or sit the person down with the bite below the level of the heart.
- Tell him/her to stay calm and still.
- Cover the bite with a clean, dry dressing.